Norbury Hall is a long-established Care Home, located in Norbury within the Croydon Borough. We are registered for 81 residential, dementia and nursing beds. Norbury Hall is a Grade II English Heritage building with a purpose-built extension in keeping with the grandeur of the Home. The Home offers beautifully decorated rooms, large lounges, a library, as well as landscaped private gardens.
We have expanded our service provision at the Home, to include nursing. We are now looking for dedicated, compassionate and experienced nurses, who want to be part of this fantastic opportunity.
Your responsibilities include:
- Compiling, reviewing and updating Care Plans and Risk Assessments
- Mentoring and supporting newly qualified nurses
- Overseeing a team of carers
- Wound management
- Pressure area care
- Administering oxygen
- Being the Named Nurse for an allocated group of residents
- Be able to prioritise workload and work under pressure, all the while ensuring that residents needs are being comprehensively met
We always expect our resident’s to be our number one priority, in order that we are able to provide excellent and consistent care and support. You will be expected to wholly buy into this ethos.
You will report to the Deputy Manager Nursing, who will be responsible for all of the nurses and the carers who work on the Nursing Units.
You must have experience of:
- Working in Care Homes and Nursing Homes
- Working with residents with dementia, physical disabilities and various health conditions; and those who are bed-bound
- Completing Pre-Admission Assessments and keeping Care Plans and Risk Assessments accurate and up to date
- Caring for residents with changing and complex health needs
You must be:
- RMN, RGN or RNLD (with current registration / PIN)
- Fully aware of the expectations of the CQC and the NMC
- Genuinely caring and willing to learn
- Able to interact with resident’s and families
- Be organised, methodical and resilient
- A good communicator (both written and verbal)
- Computer literate
- Competitive salary
- £500 welcome bonus (conditions apply)
- Annual £500 retention bonus (conditions apply)
- Attendance Bonus of £38 per week (i.e. £2,000 a year)
- 20 days of annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Free training
- Free parking