CareHomeNursingjobs.com | Privacy & Cookies - NEW
2. Collection of Personal Information
- The types of personal information collected and stored by EMAP Publishing Limited might include your name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details (to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation (“the DPA”).
- EMAP Publishing Limited (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
a. any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to EMAP Publishing Limited to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from EMAP Publishing Limited;
b. any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to a EMAP Publishing Limited website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world);
c. during any transaction with us; and
d. any other data which you provide to EMAP Publishing Limited when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
- EMAP Publishing Limited (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
3. Storage and retention of your information
- EMAP Publishing Limited will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that EMAP Publishing Limited uses and the security policies which EMAP Publishing Limited has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
4. Use of Your Information
- EMAP Publishing Limited may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
a. administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
b. responding to any enquiry you make;
c. subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding EMAP Publishing Limited's or any third party's future services (in all formats to which you have consented eg post, email, text); and
d. for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the EMAP Publishing Limited website(s) and other services and developing EMAP Publishing Limited's marketing plans.
- EMAP Publishing Limited may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) as follows:
a. if you have given your consent for EMAP Publishing Limited to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
b. to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by EMAP Publishing Limited to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
c. to third parties selected by EMAP Publishing Limited as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the EMAP Publishing Limited website(s);
d. to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure EMAP Publishing Limited's compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
e. (where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of EMAP Publishing Limited and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring EMAP Publishing Limited to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on an EMAP Publishing Limited website; and
f. to any individual making a subject information request to EMAP Publishing Limited.
- In the event that EMAP Publishing Limited (or a relevant part of EMAP Publishing Limited) is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant EMAP Publishing Limited business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom EMAP Publishing Limited is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on EMAP Publishing Limited by the third party.
When you visit an EMAP Publishing Limited website(s), EMAP Publishing Limited uses “cookie” technology try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about you're use of the website. A number of cookies EMAP Publishing Limited use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- create a specific log-in session for a visitor to an EMAP Publishing Limited website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognise when a visitor to a EMAP Publishing Limited website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- store your product selections to the shopping basket;
- collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors; and
- Gather information through our advertising partners, about the pages on the EMAP Publishing Limited website(s) that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in an “interest segment”. This information is then used to serve interest-based advertisements which it is believed will be targeted to your interests. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.co.uk or follow the link to the website of our advertising partners shown below. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests.
Some of the cookies used by EMAP Publishing Limited websites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on an EMAP Publishing Limited website(s) you may not be able to take full advantage of the website(s) if you do so.
- Our cookies
We have described the main cookies we use and what we use these for below:
- Logon_WebSite: This is a session identifier for the current logged on user - GUID
- LoginCookieCheck: This is used during the login process to to check that user has cookies enabled
- Session_RecruiterHub: This is used to track a recruiter session throughout their journey on the recruiter services site.
- Session_Jobseeker: This is used to track a jobseeker session - note only initiated when a jobseeker action takes place (e.g. Search) or a user logs in
- User_WebSite: This is a unique userID for the logged in user - GUID
- Session_CandidateCVServices: This is used to track a candidate cv services session
- User_CandidateCVServices: This is a unique userID for the logged in user - GUID
- Logon_CandidateCVServices: This is a session identifier for the current logged on user - GUID
- JobListing: Used on the search pages to remember settings like Compact when they choose Less Detail etc.
- WebSite_LatestJobSearchPage: This is the page number of the last search
- WebSite_LatestJobSearchCount: The count of the number of jobs found on the last page of search results
- WebSite_LatestJobSearchItems: A CSV list of the job ids displayed on the last jobs search listing page
- WebSite_LatestJobSearchListingPage: The search page number of the current list of jobs (e.g. Page 4 of 10)
- WebSite_LatestJobSearchPageSize: The max number of jobs displayed on the job search page listing
- WebSite_LatestJobSearchOrder: The display order that the jobs are listed in (0=relavence,1=Date,2=Salary)
- WebSite_LatestJobSearchID: A unique reference to the search ID performed on the jobsite. Value increments every time a search is carried out on the jobsite.
- WebSite_LatestSearchRecruiterID: If the search can be linked to a recruiter then this is the recruiter ID
- WebSite_LatestSearchFirstJobID: If the first job in the search is shown on the current search page, then this is it's ID. Otherwise -1.
- WebSite_LatestSearchLastJobID: If the last job in the search is shown on the current search page then this is it's ID. Otherwise -1 will be used.
- WebSite_SearchPageLin: The Browse URL used to reach this search page on the jobsite.
- deviceType: This is used to force the browser to display either the DeskTop or Mobile site
- CampaignClickThroughID: If the user clicks on a campaign email this value will contain the Guid of that campaign.
- JBEClickThroughID: The JBEID of the JBE the user clicked on
- JBEClickThroughJobID: The jobid the user clicked on inside the JBE.
- RSSClickThroughJobID: The jobid the user clicked on when viewing the RSS feed.
- WidgetClickThroughDomain: The domain the user was referred from when clicking on a widget job link.
- WidgetClickThroughJobID: The jobid the user clicked on when viewing the job widget.
- iPhoneClickThroughJobID: The jobid the user clicked on when viewing a job in the iphone app.
- User_RecruiterServices: This is a unique identifier for the logged in user - GUID
- Logon_RecruiterServices: This is a session identifier for the current logged on user.
- RecruiterCVServicesSettings: Stores settings for the user whilst in Recruiter CV
- CookieTest: This is used to check that user has cookies enabled
- Session_Mobile: This is used to track a mobile session
- User_MobileSite: This is a unique userID for the logged in user - GUID
- Logon_MobileSite: This is a session identifier for the current logged on user - GUID
- cookieNotification: To determine whether a visitor has seen the cookie banner/widget notification before (either true or false)
- twisters_Collapsed: Stores which twisters have been collapsed on the FindCVs search page in recruiter services.
- twisters_Expanded: Stores which twisters have been expanded on the FindCVs search page in recruiter services.
- Third party cookies
Certain cookies are either set by third parties on the Website or these are set by us using the third parties cookie code. More information about cookies placed by third parties and how to restrict or block their cookies can be accessed by following the link to their website. In addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the website are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
- Adtech: Adtech is EMAP Publishing Limited's online ad server used for serving and tracking advertisements across the EMAP Publishing Limited websites Adtech Cookie opt-out
6. Third Party Websites
Please be aware that EMAP Publishing Limited does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- To access certain parts of the EMAP Publishing Limited websites, EMAP Publishing Limited may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
- You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you also agree to:
a. provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data"); and
b. maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.