Are you proud to care?
Do you want to make a real difference to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Registered Nurses to provide life-enhancing care to our service users living with additional healthcare needs in their own homes in Basingstoke and the surrounding local areas through our Woking branch.
As a Registered Nurse, you can access our exclusive Platinum Ticket Invitation, which means you'll receive a free uniform when you join our team, free DBS check upfront, and a £500 welcome bonus after your first 250 hours of work with Newcross*.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, work full or part time hours, flexibility with your rota to fit around your life, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager. We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends in a variety of care environments.
What can you expect from your Nursing Role?
As a Newcross Nurse, it is essential that you are dedicated to improving and supporting the quality of life and well-being of individuals you encounter. You'll need to have excellent clinical skills, with a valid NCM pin number, and the confidence to work with clients independently and as part of a wider MDT team.
You will need excellent clinical skills and the confidence to work with several different clients, but we will never ask you to work outside of your skill-base. We take pride in offering the highest standard of nursing care to our clients and if you share that goal, we would love to hear from you.
Upon joining, you'll receive a full in-house induction as well as an introduction to the client you will be supporting, their needs and care plan. You'll receive any training necessary to top up your skills, including a shadow shift if required.
Skills & Opportunities
This is a great chance for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programmes provided by Newcross. Want to enhance your clinical knowledge? Why not enrol on a Newcross course in PEG, Tracheostomy, Epilepsy and medication delivery? Or gain experience caring for those with spinal and brain injuries or neurodegenerative conditions.
If you want to develop your knowledge and further your career, this could be the opportunity for you.
What will you benefit from?
- Free DBS check upfront and free uniform*
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross*
- Competitive salary up to £25.00/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Support from local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
Why should you join Newcross?
At Newcross, we don't believe in 'zero hours.' All of our care staff have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving you the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours so you can have the work-life balance that suits you.
FlexiPay- with our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo app you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
What do you need for this role?
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-registration experience in a nursing job
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application and use the code NursePlatinum to claim your welcome packageIf you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.