Providing outstanding Nursing care to others
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Registered Nurses to provide outstanding care and support to our service users in Chard, Bridgwater, Wellington, Taunton and the surrounding local area.
We have a range of day shifts available.
You must be compassionate and confident in your ability to provide excellent nursing care that protects the dignity of our service users in line with their personalised care plan.
You'll need to have excellent clinical skills, with a valid NCM pin number. Experience of medication administration within a nursing home setting and team leader skills.
Why join the Newcross team?
- Salary of up to £25.21/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
Specialised Training: Access a wide variety of training programmes earned through credits as you work, these include specialisms such as; Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and more.
Exclusive Platinum Ticket: Access our exclusive Platinum Ticket Invitation, receiving a £500 welcome bonus after your first 250 hours of work with Newcross*.
Flexible for you
Here at Newcross we don't believe in zero hour contracts, which is why we have guaranteed minimum hours in your contract providing the security of a steady income, with the flexibility to choose your own hours so you can have the work-life balance that suits you.
FlexiPay- with our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo app you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
To apply for this role you will need
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable.
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Your local Team
Newcross Healthcare's Taunton branch provides nurses, care assistants and support workers to the Somerset region.
Our branch is located on Staplegrove Road, close to Taunton train station and is a short drive from Musgrove Hospital.
Apply to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.