- Job Type
- Part Time
Are you a Registered Nurse?
Do you want to make a real difference to someone's life?
If so, this could be the job for you.
Newcross Healthcare are seeking experienced Registered Nurses (RNs) to work with our service users in central Exeter and the surrounding local towns. This role will specifically include shifts such as Tuesday and Friday nights from 10pm to 8am.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, work full or part time hours, flexibility with your rota to fit around your life, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed minimum 20 hours per week (or 1040 per year) in your contract, and rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance.
As a Registered Nurse, you can access our exclusive Platinum Ticket Invitation, which means you'll receive a free uniform when you join our team, a free DBS check upfront and a £500 welcome bonus after your first 250 hours of work with Newcross*.
What can you expect from your Nursing role?
It is essential that you are dedicated to improving and supporting the quality of life everyone you encounter. Our nursing services mean that we put the user at the centre of everything we do. You must have a compassionate approach and be confident in your ability to provide life-enhancing nursing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan.
You'll need to have excellent clinical skills, with a valid NCM pin number, and the confidence to work with clients independently and as part of a wider MDT team. Experience of medication administration within a nursing home setting and team leader skills are highly desirable.
In this role you will be caring for our service user who has extremely complex Epilepsy and is also reliant on PEG and Oxygen, therefore you must be confident in delivering this type of care.
Why should you join our team?
At Newcross, we don't believe in 'zero hours.' All of our home care staff have minimum 20 hours per week guaranteed (or 1040 per year) in their contracts, and rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance, offering the security of a steady income with flexibility to choose your own hours - so you can have the work-life balance that suits you.
FlexiPay- with our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo app you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
What will you benefit from?
- Salary of up to £22.03/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront*
- Permanent flexible contract, guaranteeing you a minimum of 20 hours of work every week
- Rotas organised up to 4 weeks in advance
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Free uniform upon joining*
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
Skills & Opportunities
This is a great chance for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programmes provided by Newcross. Want to enhance your clinical knowledge? Why not enrol on a Newcross course in PEG, Tracheostomy, Epilepsy and medication delivery? Or gain experience caring for those with spinal and brain injuries or neurodegenerative conditions.
To apply to this role you will need
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-registration experience in a nursing job
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
Your local Team
Located in the heart of the city, Newcross Healthcare's Exeter branch provides qualified nurses, care assistants and care workers to clients and care homes in the city and wider area.
The branch is based at 31-33 Southernhay East, close to the cathedral and Exeter train station.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.