Head of Nursing
Head of Nursing
Greenford, West London
36 hours per week
We are seeking to appoint a Head of Nursing in one of our PFI Care Homes - Elm Lodge, based in Greenford. Our care homes provide a safe and comfortable environment for residents, where everyone is treated as an individual. Working alongside other care professionals, you will provide an exceptional level of support, helping our elderly clients with personal care, while also encouraging them to participate in activities.
You will have sound clinical and management skills and be a registered nurse with current NMC registration pin number. Reliable, flexible, able to lead nurses and care workers, have 2 years minimum post qualification and experience of working in a care home and be computer literate. You will have a genuine interest in caring for elderly people, some of whom may live with dementia and have chronic and/or physical ailments. You must have a caring and compassionate nature.
You will also:
- be reliable, flexible and able to manage your own workload and work effectively within a team. You will work 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday but you may be required to work occasional evenings and weekends
- have the ability to undertake rota management ensuring a skill mix which reflects the needs of the residents
- be conversant with clinical audits
- be the resource person for all care staff
- have excellent clinical skills and must be willing to act as the clinical lead for the home
- have excellent organisational and communication skills.
You will work in a pleasant environment where the needs of our residents come first and staff are valued members of the organisation.
Our care staff receive a highly competitive salary with great benefits including:
- 28 days’ annual leave (including Bank holidays)
- Season ticket loan
- Child Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Life Assurance
- Occupational sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Optivo branded uniforms
- Excellent training and development programs tailored to individual needs
To apply, please visit our website via the apply button.
Closing date: 03/12/2017 at 23:55 PM
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE